Over the past four months, First 5 commissions across the state have been hearing from parents and community partners about concerns that our immigrant families are living in fear. Nearly half of California’s 0-to-5 children have at least one parent who is an immigrant. As champions for the most vulnerable among us, we wholeheartedly refute policies that cause harm to immigrant families and our community. Immigration policies that break families apart threaten young children’s safety, stability, and development.
The following resources may be helpful for organizations working with immigrant families across California.
- Know Your Rights (National Immigration Law Center) English and Spanish; sample know-your-rights cards in English and Spanish
- Know your rights, what to do if stopped by police, ICE raids, anti-Muslim discrimination, and more (ACLU)
- Family Preparedness Plan (Immigrant Legal Resource Center) in English and Spanish
- Raising Children in Turbulent Times (Renner & Munoz-Kiehne)
- Download all available documents above: English and Spanish